Re: Vi Guru..

  • From: Stephen Andert <andert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bobmetelsky@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:19:04 -0700

Bob,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was just catching up on the list.

A couple things come to mind.

1. you can set vi to be your default command mode.  I'm not at work
right now, but I'm pretty certain the command is:

set -o vi

2. When using "vi mode", to get your previous command, <Esc>-K brings
up the last command.  If you want the last command with "foo" in it,
<Esc>-K / foo [Enter]
Then to change foo to bar
s/foo/bar
And pressing [Enter] will run the newly revised command.

HTH
Stephen