RE: Veritas Volume Replicator instead of DataGuard

  • From: "Binh Pham" <binhpham15@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <careljan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:55:14 -0700

CJE,

I'm sure Veritas will counter with:

1.  Don't care about bandwidth since there is a dedicated network for the
transfer.
2.  They have 2 modes of synchronization: Synchronous and Asynchronous in
which case, delays can be configured to take care of the issues of logical
corruption caused by applications or DBA's...
3.      This one, a good one, Veritas needs to tell me if they have
integrity checking on the standby side(s).  BTW, they also allows 1 to many
and many to 1 replications.
4.      They can also have slower storage on the standby site with Asynch
mode.

Any other information?

Thanks for the input.