RE: Using SAN or local drives?

  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:15:53 -0700

>>The Seagate cheetah 15k-5 is said to deliver 125MB/s sustained.. At
least according to their whitepaper :)

Oh pleeeeaaase, Tanel. I'm going to have to give you some
lip for that when I see you in Birmingham :-). Nice find, though :-)

Folks, please, these little round brown spinning thingies
only pull these numbers off when they are maxing out the
track buffer... try writing to one on occasion.

Heck, I should get ahold of seagate and have them up their number.
I posted proof of nearly 190MB/s here with that tongue-in-cheek
test...that was a cheetah :-)