Re: Use EM 11g Grid Control (or 12c) versus opatch to save time with quarterly PSUs?

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gerry Miller <gerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 08:15:39 +0100

On Jul 23, 2012 7:58 AM, "Gerry Miller" <gerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Niall
>
> With regards to the alert that the blackout has ended, is there any way
of overriding it?
We couldn't find a useful workaround for it. IIRC there was a bug number
and the issue was a timing one at the agent end, but I don't work with that
site anymore (and I think they may be moving to 12c anyway). However it
wasn't an alert *that* the blackout had ended, but a target state alert
*when* the blackout ended. I also can't now recall if it was the agent or
the db that was the target affected, mostly I just remember the 3am
pointless pages on a Sunday am.