Re: Urgent, please: what are my options???

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eugene.pipko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:37:12 +0100

Sorry for the fast reply,

I forgot to mention
_allow_read_only_corruption and _corrupt_blocks_on_stuck_recovery

all of them help in certain circumstances, but again, this is a case to call Oracle Support!

and at the end - export is the only thing you can use the DB for.

Martin

Hi Eugene,

next time, please do not shutdown the database in such a case As long as the DB is running, you can export as much data as is accessable.

you can use _allow_resetlogs_corruption=TRUE - http://dba-oracle.fr/dba/content/view/14/1/ or ML-Note:418476.1 with this you will not get 100% guaranteed data. sorry, consistancy is lost!

there are some other hidden parameters which can help in certain further circumstances.

at last, if you have enough time to do so, ask oracle-support first (prio 1 call is quite fine in such a case, I guess)

hth
 Martin

--

Am 23.01.2009 um 21:31 schrieb Eugene Pipko:

Hi all,
I have a 9i on Windows2003 with no backup.
Database was open while drive where redo logs resided was gone. So I lost all redo logs.
I shutdown d/b, mounted it, backed up controlfile to trace.
Recreated control file, but when I try to open resetlogs d/base I receive an error:

ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent
ORA-01110: data file 1: 'D:\ORACLE_SAN\DATA\SYSTEM \REPD_SYSTEM_01.DBF'

What are my options besides rebuilding d/base???

Eugene
P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.