RE: Urgent, please: what are my options???

Was that a normal shutdown?

Did you include the phrase "using backup controlfile"?

  _____

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Eugene Pipko
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 3:31 PM
To: 'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Urgent, please: what are my options???

Hi all,

I have a 9i on Windows2003 with no backup.

Database was open while drive where redo logs resided was gone. So I lost
all redo logs.

I shutdown d/b, mounted it, backed up controlfile to trace.

Recreated control file, but when I try to open resetlogs d/base I receive an
error:

ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent

ORA-01110: data file 1: 'D:\ORACLE_SAN\DATA\SYSTEM\REPD_SYSTEM_01.DBF'

What are my options besides rebuilding d/base???

Eugene

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.