RE: Urgent Reply requested. Truncate command

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx'" <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:36:27 -0500

A few details such as the tablespace management mode in use and the number
of extents that the table and its indexes are in would be helpful.  More
that likely if dictionary management is in use Oracle is having to perform a
ton of work cleaning up the sys.fet$ and uet$ base tables where free space
and extent management information is kept.

There is an article on this topic at the cooperative FAQ hosted at

HTH -- Mark D Powell --