Re: Unix user Oracle

  • From: William Muriithi <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:10:02 -0500

Alex

I do not think the word oracle is embedded on any unix systems. Its just a
number of characters like any other word.

This misconception may have come up because too many oracle documentation
advice the use of oracle as best practice. Someone may then have inferred that
to mean, it has special treatment by the OS and a myth was born