Re: Unique Key enforcement on a DATE Column for DAY (mm/dd/yy)

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:17:02 -0500

Umm ... just throwing this out and hope someone does all the heavy
lifting?  (Like I should talk)

You'll probably want an update trigger to not allow updates if that
date field is populated.  That is one way to only "allow users to
enter data only once in a day".  A unique constraint won't do that.
Perhaps your phrasing or my understanding of it is off though.

The update trigger should be supported back to version 8.

Don.

--
Don Seiler
oracle: http://ora.seiler.us