Re: Unexpected inline view behavior

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JTornblad@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:51:56 +0300

It's a bug - where a bugfix for bug 7597159, when combined with other
transformations, has caused other bugs to show up :-)
Try with the bugfix disabled - you should get a proper error then:

*alter session set "_fix_control"='7597159:off';*

In the optimizer trace (when it wrongly returns a result) you'd probably
see this:

Count(col) to Count(*) (CNT)
CNT:     COUNT() to COUNT(*) not done.
SVM:     SVM bypassed: Single grp set fct (aggr) without group by.
*SLP: Removed select list item BAR from query block SEL$2*

SLP = Select List Pruning, but in this case it messes up the result...

--
Tanel Poder
http://blog.tanelpoder.com