** UNIX : set echo on in shell

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:45:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

   I am looking for a shell equivalent of  set echo on.
set -x works and gives the output on the screen. I am looking for a way
so that it also goes to the LOGIFLE. So I can get the command being
executed in the log. For example  if I have  :

set -x

sqlplus .... > $OUTFIL

set +x

Then I want the output to go to log file. It displays on the screen but
does not go to log. From the log it is difficult to know which sqlplus
had the error. I tried to put a echo before the sqlplus to know it but
i have to update it each time so looking for a better way. Zoran and
Frank helped out dba village and I have made progress to this point.
Could not find much on net. Thanks