Re: Transportable Tablespaces and Deferred segment creation "bug"

  • From: Norman Dunbar <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:51:28 +0000

Evening Yong,

 > I didn't know this was still a problem in case of transportable
 > tablespace export, in version higher than 11.2.0.1(?).

My problem was with 11203, so yes, it's a problem.

I can't use expdp/impdp because that raises a separate problem. To do a
TT impdp, you must have a database link pointing back from the receiving
database to the source database. Out two databases were "air-gapped" so
no network connections possible between the two.

Exp and imp work fine. For the TT and for the obtaining of the metadata
to allow me to recreate the missing empty tables. At least in 11203 it is.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar