Transparent Gateway for MSSQL not working

  • From: "Aragon, Gabriel (GE Commercial Finance)" <gabriel.aragon@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:07:12 -0400

Hi list,

I was using TG from 9.2 Win2k to SQL2k w/o problems, in the =
initmssql.ora file located on oracle_home\TG4MSQL, the configuration =
was:=20

HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO=3D"SERVER=3DXX1;DATABASE=3DORACLEDB"

but the original xx1 sql db was recreated as xx1\xx1:

HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO=3D"SERVER=3DXX1\XX1;DATABASE=3DORACLE_GATEWAY"

but this is not working, checking metalink docs says that for =
server/instance syntaxis you have to use: <server>.<dbname>, but I also =
tried replacing "/" with dot "." and still not working. If someone has =
some experiencie specifying sql db's using this syntaxis or has some =
suggestion, pls share it. The rest of the configuration is the same as =
the original one.

TIA
Gabriel