Re: Trace file does not list detailed timings

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:46:20 -0000

I did a couple of quick checks of sample
frequency with one of my stress tests a
few months ago.

without sampling ca. 2 seconds
with default sampling (128) ca. 6 seconds
with sample size = 1 ca. 10 seconds

Obviously dependent on the number of times
a line of the execution plan is started, so most
sensitive to nested loop types of activity.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
Public Appearances - schedule updated 10th Jan 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tanel Põder" <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>