RE: Timezone file

  • From: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:50:56 -0400

Tom,

I did look at DBA_DIRECTORIES and I have only two entries DATA_PUMP_DIR
and ORACLE_OCM_CONFIG_DIR. Nothing for related to timezone file.

Thanks
Mayen

From:   "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     Mayen Shah/ITS/Lazard@Lazard NYC, "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   10/26/2010 09:30 AM
Subject:        RE: Timezone file

Mayen,

Look at the DBA_DIRECTORIES view within the prod database.  I have an
entry for the timezone directory which implies that Oracle uses it
internally.  This is probably where you are getting this from/

Hope this helps.

Tom