Re: Oracle task after OS upgrade.

  • From: lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:03:47 -0400

First thing you need to do is make sure they are compatible.  Use the
Certifications tab in Metalink.  Also, Doc #169706.1 is very helpful and you
should give it to your IBM admins for them to apply extra patches, set kernel
variables, etc, etc.  After that, i'm sure there's a doc to relink the oracle
executables, set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or SHLIB_PATH to the right directory and
run the relink_oracle.  I'm sure there's a doc on metalink for that too.

HTH
Lyall