Re: The cheapest hardware for real RAC

  • From: "Milen Kulev" <makulev@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 23:57:13 +0200

Ranko,
I could give an iSCSI a try. If you use OpenSuse10 (at leastR2), there is an
iSCSI target deamon in the distribution.
You can  configure this machine as iSCSI box.  Then on at least two other
servers (or VMWares) install oracle RAC +
OCFS2.
I personally haven't used this setup, but a colleague if mine has tested it and
it works. Anyway, this configuration is
for education only.

If you are brave enough and have much spare time you cane give  XEN  (v.3)
technology  a try ;)

HTH. Milen
P.S. What is the problem is FireWire ? The combination  Oxford911 chipset +
Maxtor HDD worked  perfectly for me ..

have a look at www.freenas.org

Google for freenas and expolre the many site.
Ron

>>> "Harish Kalra" <harish.kumar.kalra@xxxxxxxxx> 07/07/06 7:15 AM >>>
Hi Ranko,

Have a look at the follwing link ..may be helpful to you.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/hunter_rac10gr2.html#1

-Harish Kalra
Sr Consultant
Oracle