Test Case for stats drop post drop/add partitions?

  • From: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:00:53 -0500

I am losing stats post- major partition DDL operations on 817400. It's bug
2306067.
I did the research, asked for a one-off from ML, and the tech said 'we need
proof'.

I did the work on my test area, but instead of dropping 45-odd partitions
and
adding 30-odd, I only did one. And sure enough: it didn't affect the stats
(tab or part; global or otherwise).

Now, I really don't feel like 'pretending' to do a multi=terabytes
maintenance
to feed somebody's rat at oracle support, nor would my DEV and QA department
appreciate my torching their only test data, but I recognize the need to
provide
justification for the one-off patch.

Yet, I am getting tired of force-feeding the db stats after every partition
mgmt operation. I'd like to patch the bug.

So, the question(s):

1) Has anyone run into this (8174/Solaris 8, althought it's generic)

2) Has anyone got a reasonably provocative test harness for this they'd
        care to share?

Basically, I just want to show HAL-9000 at Oracle Support enough information
to get the one-off and supporting information.

TIA,

Ross