Re: TRACE ANALYZER

  • From: Michael Boligan <michael.boligan.b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 08:27:28 -0400

Charles,

        I have had success running trcanlzr in 10G (10.1.0.4 on AIX 5.2).
It does have html output as well, it is in udump with a .html extension. I
use the same metalink doc you specify, and it works well.

hth,
Mike

Michael Boligan
Bayer Corporate and Business Services LLC
DBA
North America Information Systems
PHONE  508 660-4698
FAX       508 660-4300
michael.boligan.b@xxxxxxxxx EMAIL

"Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/08/2006 09:06 PM
Please respond to
sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx

edwin_kodamala@xxxxxxxxx
cc
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: TRACE ANALYZER

Note:224270.1 Trace Analyzer TRCANLZR v 2.3 December, 2005 by Carlos
Sierra
Interpreting Raw SQL Traces with Binds and/or Waits generated by EVENT
10046

I have used it from time to time - I stopped using it because it does not
seem to be compatible with 10g, and I never did any digging to find out if
it could be easily tweaked (I just gave up). However, it worked quite well
in 9i. It did a great job of grouping all the binds and relevant wait
information together. My only major gripe was that it was a bit
overwhelming for large trace files - I would loved to have seen a html
version (and if there is one, I still might be interested, maybe....). The
package was also very self-aware, making it easy to run on a new database
even if TRCANLZR had not yet been installed (it will install itself).
Hmm... that might be a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Anyway,
I thought Carlos had done a fantastic job with it!

Consider yourself warned - large trace files really do take a long time.

On 8/8/06, edwin devadanam < edwin_kodamala@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
 I want the information pertaining to trace analyzer.(any
document,metalink notes...etc)
  Those who already implemented this tool can give me suggestion as of how
to start using this tool.
   Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Edwin

Charles Schultz

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or legally
privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not constitute a
waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in error, please do not
directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward, or disclose any part of this
message.  Please also delete this e-mail and all copies and notify the sender.
Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com