Re: TRACE ANALYZER

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwin_kodamala@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:06:31 -0500

Note:224270.1 Trace Analyzer TRCANLZR v 2.3 December, 2005 by Carlos Sierra
Interpreting Raw SQL Traces with Binds and/or Waits generated by EVENT 10046

I have used it from time to time - I stopped using it because it does not
seem to be compatible with 10g, and I never did any digging to find out if
it could be easily tweaked (I just gave up). However, it worked quite well
in 9i. It did a great job of grouping all the binds and relevant wait
information together. My only major gripe was that it was a bit overwhelming
for large trace files - I would loved to have seen a html version (and if
there is one, I still might be interested, maybe....). The package was also
very self-aware, making it easy to run on a new database even if TRCANLZR
had not yet been installed (it will install itself). Hmm... that might be a
bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Anyway, I thought Carlos had
done a fantastic job with it!

Consider yourself warned - large trace files really do take a long time.

On 8/8/06, edwin devadanam <edwin_kodamala@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, I want the information pertaining to trace analyzer.(any document,metalink notes...etc) Those who already implemented this tool can give me suggestion as of how to start using this tool. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Edwin

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it
out.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42974/*http://www.yahoo.com/preview>

--
Charles Schultz