RE: TNS permission denied - jdbc connection via client

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <md@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:52:09 -0700

Matias,

The error messages can be found here:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14219/toc.
htm.  You can look up the error by using the error number as an index
into this doc.

Your error is a permissions error as described in this doc.  You will
need to check the permissions of $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle* in order to
resolve this issue.  I think there is a metalink note around about the
correct permissions that need to be set for that file.

Good luck.

--
Ron Reidy
Lead DBA