RE: TAF AND connect time failover with RAC using JDBC thin driver on 9205

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Jeff.Wiegand@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:34:27 -0400

Jeff,
Very little advanced SQL*Net options are supported with Oracle JDBC thin driver.
You need the *Thick* or JDBC OCI Driver...meaning SQL*Net (aka Oracle Client)
installed on your app/java servers.

Further, even if you do this, use the OCI Driver, in the many hours I spent
researching, configuring, testing,8i/9i TAF I found the very few, I mean very
few, apps that can take advantage of it, not even Oracle Forms...at the time
was only SQL*Plus :0|

TAF is very cool I was able to make session failover automaticaly, but for
8i/9i (don't know about 10g) not much use.

hth

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA