Storing old stats

  • From: Orlando L <oralrnr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 13:45:45 -0500

List,
One of our colleagues is suggesting that we create a backup table for
exporting and storing statistics, in all databases, many of them 10g. The
purpose of this backup table would be to store existing statistics when we
have to tune queries; just save off the existing statistics of the tables
involved in case if we have to revert back after new stats are collected.
This sounds like a good idea to me, but I want to know how people here do
it.

I think in 11g there is a way to revert back the statistics within 24 hours.

Orlando.