Re: Stats and behavior weirdness

  • From: Joseph Amalraj <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:24:32 -0800 (PST)

Have you gathered system stats ?

Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Wow, thank you Juan for those.  They
are explicitly set by the CRM application to caching=0 and adj=1.  When I
changed them to 90 and 10 respectively, I got the same explain plan as on my
Linux box and production (and another instance tested later).  Since I don't
have any control over the CRM application and there's a support issue when you
make changes, I can "fix" this with a stored outline.  But I still don't
understand why the development database uses the same information as my Linux
copy (as it is just an export) and comes up with a different plan AND why it
performs so poorly.  There is something out there that these values counter.
But this definitely gives me a direction to investigate.

  On 3/6/06, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Hi
Kevin,  why don't you try to set this parameters in one session
OPTIMIZER_INDEX_COST_ADJ  =  10
OPTIMIZER_INDEX_CACHING   =  90

When suddenly, the performance moves from seconds to almost an hours,
without good reasons, I solve this settings this parameters, when the
code can be improved.