Re: Stats and behavior weirdness

  • From: "Kevin Lidh" <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:18:05 -0700

Wow, thank you Juan for those.  They are explicitly set by the CRM
application to caching=0 and adj=1.  When I changed them to 90 and 10
respectively, I got the same explain plan as on my Linux box and production
(and another instance tested later).  Since I don't have any control over
the CRM application and there's a support issue when you make changes, I can
"fix" this with a stored outline.  But I still don't understand why the
development database uses the same information as my Linux copy (as it is
just an export) and comes up with a different plan AND why it performs so
poorly.  There is something out there that these values counter.  But this
definitely gives me a direction to investigate.

On 3/6/06, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,  why don't you try to set this parameters in one session
> When suddenly, the performance moves from seconds to almost an hours,
> without good reasons, I solve this settings this parameters, when the
> code can be improved.

Other related posts: