RE: Sql Query

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kennaim@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 07:55:45 -0700 (PDT)

Few Weeks Back I posted a question and got few very good response. Actually
What I am looking is the big list in single SQL query and cannot use the PL sql
or allowed to create the SQL function, I had finally used good points from all
reply and created the following SQL. Here I used file_name from dba_data_files
. I thought it is good to share as somebody who is reall expert in SQL can do
some more fine-tuning. This will atleast work good for mine requirement but may
give some issue if the Text cross the Concat restriction.

  select text from (
select verse, lvl, text, rank() over(partition by verse order by lvl desc) rn
from
  (
    SELECT verse, LEVEL lvl, SYS_CONNECT_BY_PATH(file_name, ',') text
    FROM ( select 1 verse, rownum piece, file_name from dba_data_files )
      CONNECT BY verse = PRIOR verse
             AND piece - 1 = PRIOR piece
      START WITH piece = 1
    )x
) y
where rn=1
/

  Any advice or suggestion are most welcome.
  Tx
  Sanjay

Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Ken

  SQL> select stragg(table_name) from user_tables
  2  /
select stragg(table_name) from user_tables
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at "SYS.STRING_AGG_TYPE", line 17
ORA-06512: at line 1

  It works for Group by Clauses like
   select table_name,stragg(index_name) from user_indexes group by table_name

  Regds
  Sanjay

Ken Naim <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:*   {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
        Search for stragg on http://asktom.oracle.com