Re: Spotting the real cause of a Production slowdown (10g)

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Schultz, Charles" <sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:34:48 +0200

Another point is huge shared pool you mentioned and its resizing
during the problem. I do not trust automatic SGA management in 10g for
critical OLTP systems with high workload. Perhaps, Oracle increases
shared pool and this causes some overhead. If library cache is huge
than more objects are protected by a single child latch. I.e. huge
shared pool can in fact cause the problem.
See if you can correlate shared pool increase BEFORE (or maybe at the
very same moment) the start of the problem. Perhaps, you should
disbale automatic SGA management feature.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev