Slow GC response for x64 bit 2008

  • From: "Storey, Robert (DCSO)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 18:19:27 +0000

Afternoon all,
I've been working with Oracle on an issue rendering of the target homepage in
grid control for 3, x64bit boxes running 64bit W2008R2. But, since its Pri4, I
should hear from them in the next 30 days or so.

I'm running GC 11 on W2008 x32. I have 22 targets.  Two of my targets are
x32bit.  A W2003 x32 running 32bit os and my GC box that is running W2008 x32
bit OS on a x64bit hardware.  Rendering these Host target homepages takes about
1.2 seconds.  My other 3 boxes are all W2008R2 x64 on 64bit Dell Powedges.
When I click on the link for their Host homepage, its takes 22 seconds to
render.

I have looked through every log that I can find but can find no errors.  I
installed the agent on a 64 bit workstation running Windows7 64bit and it works
just fine.  Renders in about a second.

Once suggestion I got from another DBA was that I was in Demo mode vice
Production on Weblogic.  I reset and rebooted that so it is now in production
mode.

But, I can't find any reason as to why the render takes so long on these boxes.

Anyone run up against this or have a thought?  (lol  moving to linux is not an
option).