Re: Simulating network hang

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:14:39 -0600 (CST)

I was thinking of a DoS-type attack on the local eth0 (as opposed to lo)
with that loop.  Perhaps a multi-threaded ping (ICMP) flood?  I see that the
version of Perl included with an Oracle 10gR2 install seems to include
threading capabilities (didn't test it) as well as Net::Ping.

A quick Google shows this might be a good starting place for that approach:

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node=392426

If I had a segregated network, I'd love to try this theory.  As I don't and
I also value my current employment status, I'm not going to test it.

GL!

Rich