Re: Shared pool from 8i to 9i

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:51:11 -0500

Subbiah, Nagarajan wrote:

>Can we have different sub pools of shared pool and specify the range for the
>SQL size to go to the particular sub pool? I know that the
>shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc parameter helps to certain extent. Is there
>any view to find out what is the usage of the reserved size of the
>shared_pool and how to find out the optimal value of the
>shared_pool_reserved_size?

Raja, take a look at the V$SHARED_POOL_RESERVED. It contains column
"LAST_ABORTED_SIZE".
It will tell you the size of the last request for the reserved
allocation that failed. You also have a column
about aborted requests to tell you how many aborted requests were
issued. Note that this is a RESERVED allocation.
It doesn't automatically mean 4031. Also, there is a table called
V$SHARED_POOLwhich is gone in 10g, probably
because oracle thinks that you should pay for being able to estimate the
size of your shared pool. In 10g it is called
DBA_HIST_SHARED_POOL_ADVICE
<http://localhost/oradoc/ora10.1.0/server.101/b10755/statviews_2151.htm#sthref1843>

and, as any "DBA_HIST" table should not be used without license.
Enjoy while you can.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA