RE: Send output to a PC every N minutes

  • From: "Kennedy, Jim" <jim_kennedy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>, <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:43:47 -0700

What is the business problem?   I can think of several viable solutions
depending upon what problem they are trying to solve.  Do they need real
time notification?  Are they polling to see if something changed?  I've
used dbms_alerts in the past and a trigger to raise an alert.  Then the
program on the PC can requery.  It saves you from polling the heck out
of a table, but gives you feedback when the data changes per some
criteria.
Jim