Re: Send output to a PC every N minutes

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:05:32 -0400

That's what we were thinking of.  The problem with sql*plus is that
procedure has to end for output to get to screen.  Then how do you
reinvoke the procedure again.  DBMS_JOB won't send output to a client
PC.

>>> rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> 8/25/05 7:54:17 AM >>>
What version? How do you want to send output? You could easily do this
using sqlplus or dbms_job. A procedure and a mechanism to otput is all
you need.

raj

On 8/25/05, Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Our
developers have a requirement to query a table and send the output to a
PC every N minutes.  Developers don't know Perl so looking at some
alternatives.  I would hate to do it in Sql*plus since would have to
start sql*plus, connect, run procedure, exit and repeat.  That would be
a lot of connecting.

Any other suggestions.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

--
select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category =