RE: Select from dual return 3 rows !

  • From: "Igor Neyman" <ineyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Les.Hollis@xxxxxx>, <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>, <Rudy.Zung@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 16:03:57 -0500

Nope.
What Jared was saying is that starting with particular version of
Oracle, there is no way to create second (or third,...) row in dual.
I.e., under 10.1 if you issue:
insert into dual values('Y');

nothing happens: you don't get an error, BUT (which is more important)
no additional rows created in dual.
You should really try it.