RE: Select from dual return 3 rows !

  • From: "Rudy Zung" <Rudy.Zung@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <frank4oraclel@xxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:10:23 -0500

DUAL, when you really come down to it, is really just a table into which
Oracle defaults with just a single record. However, because it is just a
simple table, additional records can be inserted into it, as you have just
discovered.

Log in as SYStem and delete all but one records from dual.

Because there is no guarantee that DUAL will always return exactly one
record, I tend to select from USER_USERS when I really want to have exactly
one record coming back to me.

...Rudy