RE: See processes in windows

  • From: "Tanel Poder" <tanel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Niall Litchfield'" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, <Chris.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jdanton1@xxxxxxxxx>, <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:57:01 +0800

I took a Windows internals & troubleshooting training by Mark Russinovich &
David Solomon few years ago and Mark mentioned both procexp/procmon install
a kernel driver and yes its done dynamically (that's actually what I meant
by "installing" - the loading of the driver). I haven't verified it myself,
I think I can believe the word of the author of that tool :)

Niall, tlist.exe is not written by sysinternals, you may be confusing it
with pslist.exe which is written by them.

Tanel.