Samba and 10g - and NT

  • From: "Howard Latham" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:58:26 -0000

I am trying to move a 9.2.0.4 150 Gig database from NT to Linux
AT UKOUG members of the Oak Table suggested upgrading to 10g then using
RMAN.

I dont have the disk space for a copy of the DB on NT so was using SAMBA =
Server=20
on my linux box.=20

So I have a 9,2.04 database hosted on LInux and accessed by executables =
on NT
using samba - sounds fine But I get a few - but enough corrupt data =
blocks when I import
to this database.

Do I neeed to rethink the strategy?

Howard A. Latham=20
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR

Tech Services Director UKOUG

RSMB Television Research Ltd,=20
The Communications Building,=20
48 Leicester Square,=20
London. WC2H 7LT=20
=20

Tel: +44 (0)20 7808 3619
SW:  +44 (0)20 7808 3600
Fax: +44 (0)20 7839 7446

mailto:Howard.latham@xxxxxxxxxx

http://www.rsmb.co.uk

Email Disclaimer

This email has been sent from RSMB TV Research , a UK limited
liability partnership. The information in
this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful.=20