Re: SYS.OBJ$ contention

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:47:50 -0600

Wolfgang,

The reports are created by a third party tool and I don't think it
recognizez the GTTs.  I agree with you that
changing attributes ot dictionary tables is not a very nice option too
though

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             Wolfgang
             Breitling
             <breitliw@centrex                                          To
             cc.com>                   genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                        cc
             11/27/2006 07:52          oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: SYS.OBJ$ contention

How about using GTTs rather than creating tables on the fly. Changing
attributes of dictionary tables, if that's what you mean by
increasing freelist, is a sure way for your database to become unsupported.

At 04:29 PM 11/27/2006, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Hello all:
[snip]
>Each of these reports is
>creating a number of
>temporary tables along the way to store data to be used at a later stage
of
>the report. I see a number of sessions
>holding a lock (mode=3) against the sys.obj$ table. I was thinking that
>this can create a contention related to the sys.obj$
>table. If that's correct, what would be a good way to reduce this
>contention? Would increasing freelists parameter help?
>Anything else?

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation