Re: SYS_CONTEXT ('USERENV', 'HOST') in a dbms_job

  • From: Connor McDonald <hamcdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:41:03 +0000 (GMT)

I'm sure you already know this, but you could always drag it out of v$instance

hth
connor

 --- "Hitchman, Peter" <Peter.Hitchman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some code which calls SYS_CONTEXT ('USERENV', 'HOST'), that works
> fine when it runs in a procedure and the procedure is invoked via sqlplus.
> But when the same procedure is called via a database job it appears to be
> returning nothing. Does anyone know about this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete

> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

=====
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"
ISBN: 1590592174

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com