Re: SQL*NET SDU Parameter

  • From: "John Shaw" <John.Shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rlsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:03:38 -0500

I used in 8, I had an application that was returning bmp's . I bumped it
up to 8192 from 2048 and it was a definite help. Sorry I don't have the
metrics anymore. As I recall it didn't help out at all with just the
regular OLTP transactions.

>>> "Smith, Ron L." <rlsmith@xxxxxxx> 9/21/2004 10:15:08 AM >>>

Does anyone have any experience setting the SDU SQL*NET parameter?
Good, Bad?

Ron

Disclaimer
(i) This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail
and any associated files from your system. (ii) Views or opinions presented in
this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Corrections Corporation of America. (iii) The recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
accepts no liability for errors or omissions caused by e-mail transmission or
any damage caused by any virus transmitted by or with this e-mail.