Re: SQL Query tuning using TOAD

  • From: Norman Dunbar <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ashoke.k.mandal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dombrooks@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dombrooks@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ram Raman <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:05:23 +0000

Morning Ashoke,

On 22/10/15 17:27, Mandal, Ashoke wrote:

I was under impression that we could tune a SQL query using TOAD but I
am not able see any option. Does anyone have any idea?

The following assumes Toad version 12.

In the editor, highlight the SQL statement you want to optimise and right click. Select Optimise (with a z), then select one of the three options - for advanced SQL Optimisation, you will need the SQL Optimiser module licence.

You can also get at these options from the Database->Optimise (with a z) menu.

HTH

Cheers,
Norm.

--