SET AUTOTRACE ON- not showing the actual stats.

  • From: <arul.kumar@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:18:35 -0000

Dear DBAs,

I could not see the actual statistics in a "SET AUTOTRACE ON" session
though I have the following set on my server:

SQL> show parameter stat

NAME                                 TYPE    VALUE
------------------------------------ -------
------------------------------
timed_os_statistics                  integer 0
timed_statistics                     boolean TRUE

And, I tried enforcing the same

Alter session set timed_statistics=3Dtrue;

select * from xyz;

..

Statistics
          0  recursive calls
          0  db block gets
          0  consistent gets
          0  physical reads
          0  redo size
          0  bytes sent via SQL*Net to client
          0  bytes received via SQL*Net from client
          0  SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client
          0  sorts (memory)
          0  sorts (disk)
     570309  rows processed