Re: Rman fails to backup files after IP change

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:28:03 -0700

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Tony van Lingen <
tony_vanlingen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Thanks Jared,
>
> That was it! The reverse lookup did not work.. Our DNS system is nowadays
> managed by the Windows Moghuls, who seem to think that reverse lookup
> records are something alien from another era... That's progress for you!

You're welcome.

My time spent  troubleshooting NetBackup occasionally pays
off by being able to help someone else.

NetBackup, like Oracle, is very well instrumented.
The problem often is that the

You just have to get some experience with it. :)

> I added the new IP address to the windows hosts file on the master NB
> server, which is read first of course, and it works now. Ahead to the next
> task:  convincing some windows people of the need for a PTR record.. :(

I am fortunate to work with an excellent group of SysAdmins,
that also realize that not all the world works like Windows.

Jared