RE: Rman backup status question

  • From: "Michael Fontana" <mfontana@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JSweetser@xxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 09:51:18 -0600 (CST)

Joe wrote:
<<
Mystery solved.  This is running on an "inherited" system and it turns
out there is a job that runs at 3:30am that, among other things,
performs a crosscheck.  I simply missed that in my initial
investigations.  Always nice to verify that RMAN is behaving exactly the
way it should.

No need to apologize.  You again proved that it pays to review your
situation and logically writing out your dilemma and posting it to the
list probably aided in discovering your solution.

If you can get your database upgraded to at least 10g, you could avoid the
gzip and use the compress feature (although it can be quite slow).