Riddle me this...

  • From: "Blanchard, William" <wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "LazyDBA Discussion" <oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 15:40:07 -0500

Why would an anonymous pl/sql block being run from within sqlplus be
trying to send an email.  I have an exception block that I commented out
and that appears to have been what was causing it but if the pl/sql
never enters the exception block, why would it even matter.

plsql_debug = FALSE
plsql_code_type = NATIVE
plsql_compiler_flags = NATIVE, NON_DEBUG
plsql_warnings = DISABLE:ALL

DECLARE
BEGIN
EXCEPTION
    WHEN OTHERS THEN
                Yah, yah, I know this is poor practice.
        dbms_output.put_line('.'||SQLCODE - SQLERRM);
END;
/

open_connection
---------------
code = 220
text = mail.somecompany.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
5.0.2195.7381 ready at  Wed, 2 Jun 2010 11:38:26 -0500
help
----
code = 214
text = This server supports the following commands:
code = 214
text = HELO EHLO STARTTLS RCPT DATA RSET MAIL QUIT HELP AUTH TURN ATRN
ETRN BDAT VRFY
helo
----
code = 250
text = mail.somecompany.com Hello [10.5.90.221]
code = 250
text = TURN
code = 250
text = ATRN
code = 250
text = SIZE
code = 250
text = ETRN
code = 250
text = PIPELINING
code = 250
text = DSN
code = 250
text = ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
code = 250
text = 8bitmime
code = 250
text = BINARYMIME
code = 250
text = CHUNKING
code = 250
text = VRFY
code = 250
text = X-EXPS GSSAPI NTLM LOGIN
code = 250
text = X-EXPS=LOGIN
code = 250
text = AUTH GSSAPI NTLM LOGIN
code = 250
text = AUTH=LOGIN
code = 250
text = X-LINK2STATE
code = 250
text = XEXCH50
code = 250
text = OK
mail
----
code = 250
text = 2.1.0 MYDB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OK
rcpt
----
code = 250
text = 2.1.5 dbadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
open_data
---------
code = 354
text = Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
close_data
----------
code = 250
text = 2.6.0 <EXCH130kkZIhTrBoe4I987479b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Queued
mail for delivery
quit
----
code = 221
text = 2.0.0 mail.somecompany.com Service closing transmission channel

WGB

-

This email and any information, files, or materials transmitted with it
are confidential and are solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify
the sender.