Re: Replication Question

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 23:57:53 +0800

Advanced Replication is (was) still available in 11g.  Note that it is
being deprecated in 12c
No, you do not have to use Enterprise Manager DB Control or Grid Control --
although the documentation seems to imply that.  All the PLSQL APIs that
have been available since 8i are still available.  See the Advanced
Replication API Reference in the 11g doc.

Advanced Replication is included in EE.  Golden Gate is a separate product.

Hemant K Chitale

--

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com