RE: Remover CRS

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 01:43:49 -0400

Yes, that's correct, if you install ASM on a single node, the installer will
detect that no clusterware is running, and it will install ocssd.bin to run
from /etc/inittab. The ocssd.bin binary is in the ASM ORACLE_HOME, so, there
won't be a clusterware home installed at all. If you install ASM on a cluster,
ASM will detect the clusterware (since you're required to install it before
ASM), and so won't enable ocssd.bin setup in the ASM ORACLE_HOME.

Hope that's clear,

-Mark