Remote Sequence is not releasing the connection

  • From: "Subbiah, Nagarajan" <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:28:41 -0500

We have a synonym in local database for a sequence, which is in remote
database. After selecting the nextval from the local database, there is a
session opened in the remote database but not closing the session after the
'select' is completed. . We are at HP11.11 and Oracle 9.2.0.5. Over the
period of time, it gives the "ORA-01000 number of open cursors exceeded"
error. Open cursors value was increased to triple the value but still the
problem persists. Any idea is this a bug or missing any configuration. If
the synonym is dropped and actual sequence is created in the local database,
then there are no issues.

Raja
Ph: (212) 210 1461