Re: Relocate indexes during datapump import

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 09:38:57 -0600 (CST)

Hey John,

> During a datapump import is it possible to relocate indexes to a separate
> tablespace?
>
> Or I do I need to do that before doing the original export?

I'm assuming Oracle v11 and your indexes are in the same tablespace as their
respective tables.

There's the REMAP_TABLESPACE parameter of impdp, but if indexes are in the
same TS as the tables, you could import the tables in one impdp as normal,
then followup with the indexes in another.  Depending on how you want to do
this, you could also just generate the index DDL and use a text editor to
change the tablespace after importing the data via impdp.

Just a few options...

Rich