RE: Redeclaration of Global variables...

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:53:09 +0100

>On 3/16/06, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi
>> I think this is a bug, because you can create the same variable, using
>> the same datatype.
>>
>> create or replace package glb_test as
>> g_num number;
>> g_num number;
>> end;
>> /
>>
>> I think nobody had found this bug, or if did, no body reported it, and
>> that is the reason why you still see it.

SQL> show parameter plsql_warnings

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- ----------------------
plsql_warnings                       string      ENABLE:ALL
SQL> create or replace package glb_test as
  2  g_num number;
  3  g_num number;
  4  end;
  5  /

SP2-0808: Package created with compilation warnings

SQL> show error
Errors for PACKAGE GLB_TEST:

LINE/COL ERROR
3/1      PLW-05001: previous use of 'G_NUM' (at line 2) conflicts with
         this use

HTH
Chris