Re: Recovery using Rman using old controlfile

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avadhanimys@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:39:07 +0800

If your "current" controlfiles and online redologs are good (not corrupted), you can do a complete recovery. Just issue RESTORE DATABASE and RECOVER DATABASE commands.

Else, if you find that even the controlfiles and/or last active onlin redo logs are corrupt, you'd
have to do an Incomplete Recovery, using Backup Controlfile.

Note: The default behaviour of the RESTORE command is to restore back to the same location.

Hemant

At 03:32 PM Thursday, Avadhani mys wrote:
Hi All,

We have a problem we lost the datafiles of production database due to mountpoint corruption and we have controlfile and latest redologs in the other mountpoint,

We are planning to restore the database using RMAN in the new mountpoint
Now my question is can i use the old controlfile and use the arch files to recover to the latest, Please suggest

Thanks in Advance

Regards
AvadhaniMys

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Mohandas Gandhi Quotes : http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html